The Loki Variation

The Loki Variation - Sabrina James Riley I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review on a book tour promoted by Girls Heart Books Tours.

The Loki Variation is an engaging and intriguing novel about a group of survivors of a zombie apocalypse. It sets itself apart from other zombie books in its own way, not only with the zombies and how they are and look, but because of the way the virus is and works. Sasha is a woman who has everything she's ever known torn away from her and is given the responsibility to take care of a child, and even has her own faults and misgivings. Derek is is a man who we watch and see his way of handling a zombie apocalypse with his dog Riley. Both of these characters are compelling and we watch them grow and face their own struggles over the novel. Admittedly, there aren't zombie attacks every other page (a fantastic thing by the way), and that makes it all the more interesting whenever they do show up. I loved this book, even with its small faults here and there, and I can't wait to read it again!