The Collectors' Society

The Collectors' Society - Heather Lyons I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review through a book tour.

The Collector's Society is a riveting tale of Alice Reeve, known for the stories written about her titled Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. This story is a far cry from what I went in expecting though. It's powerful, enchanting, and a COMPLETE page-turner like few others that I have read. From page one the story draws you in, and it drips information out about the Alice I came to love in this book. It's an Alice that I never knew, and she managed to break my heart before the end of the story because of her return to Wonderland.

Alice is all grown up but boundlessly different after returning to Wonderland for a third time, and leaving once more. There are some things that she retains that makes her the Alice we know and love from Alice in Wonderland. Noisy, curious, and stubborn are just a few. But this Alice is also much more mature, wiser, and you can tell whatever happened during her last say in Wonderland has left her with wounds that refuse to heal. For most of the story, she refuses to divulge or even think about her departure and the people she left behind in Wonderland. It leaves a bit of mystery to her, one that I wanted to know. Though there are two people she loves in this story that we meet, there is no love triangle. Alice makes it clear to herself and others that one is her past, the other her present and future. The emotions woven into the book are tangible, and that's what made this book so wonderful, so close to my idea of perfection. Truly I love this book more than words can describe. The worldbuilding, the characters, the emotions, EVERYTHING was wonderful. I loved the premise of this story and have no doubt about it that I am immensely looking forward to the next book and cannot WAIT to read it!