Tortured Souls

Tortured Souls - Kimber Leigh Wheaton Tortured Souls is a book I have complicated feelings about since for the first half of the book for me was cringe worthy and deplorable. I hated it, it was too cliché and predictable and I felt frustrated with it. I kept reading because I had to know how it played out. Some of my problems with the book was how she was friends with all the guys, and the way she mentioned it bothered me. She said she'd been "friendzoned". I'm sorry but no, just no. And the secret society in her school no one knows about? She gets in simply because of her abilities and that bothered me. Plus the writing was incredibly choppy in places. I also don't understand the mother, the mother was a really confusing person and it felt like that portion was done just for drama.

The good part about Tortured Souls? It gets better the closer to the end. The writing puts itself together and it flows better, the characters seem more than two dimensional like they appeared earlier, and despite the relationship between Kacie and the lead boy that I had no faith in since it didn't seem real at all, the date made it better. That was around when everything started to pick up all around. Everything, except the drama with her mom got much better. So by the end of the book I was happy. I just feel like there was some much needed revision for the first half to make everything smooth over.